It's a brand new day!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Crazy, Crazy Day!

Do you ever have a plan for your day, like you know whats going to happen- then suddenly that plan is destroyed, it doesn't happen? That's what happened to me today!

Starting with last night, got home in time to see Bucky kicked off Idol. Can't say I agree with that, but then again I don't stay up all night voting- so I can't be picky. Anyway, I got in bed around 10 and was out. No tossing or Turning. I wake up at 12:15 am wide eyed. I layed in bed for about 20-30 minutes and I was out again. I wake up at 4 am, dry mouth, aching gums, wide awake. Well, I have nothing to drink in my fridge- so at 4 am I make Kool-Aid. Yum! I stumble back into the bedroom and surf the web for a bit. Back in bed by 4:30. Can't sleep. I layed in bed and stared at the clock until 5 am. I jumped in the shower and was out of the house by 5:45. I stopped by McDonald's and picked up breakfast for the rest of the family and I was off to my parents. I got there at 20 after 6 and they were all in bed. Of course, I woke them all up. Today was my Dad's 50th Birthday! He got Hot Coffee and Good Breakfast, I believe he was pleased. Mom and I left around 6:45 for work since we were ready. We were pulling into the university at 7:30 and my brother calls. He's getting ready for work and was watching the news- good thing. There was breaking news that there was an explosion at the University. We drove around campus, and sure enough there were firetrucks and emergency vehicles everywhere. My mom and I work in 2 different buildings and the explosion was right behind the building I work in. We parked and walked to her building. We get to the door and realize there is no power in the building. We had to climb 4 flights of stairs to get to her office. When we finally get there we decide to walk across campus to my office and see if we can see anything. Well, they had my building locked down and you couldn't get anywhere near the scene. Long story short, they didn't send us home with pay until 10 am. Now, I could have left when my buidling was locked and I couldn't get in, but I rode with Mom and she had to stay. I didn't mind. We got to hang out. They haven't restored the power to several buildings on campus, and mine is one of them- so I am out of work tomorrow. Unfortunately- Mom has to go. The story we're hearing is that the power went out sometime around 4 am and when Facilites people got there and realized it 5 campus electricians went underground to work on the switch that malfunctioned. They had just crawled out of the whole when some sort of flash fire occured and created the explosion. 1 man is in Chapel Hill at the Burn Center in Critical Condition, 2 others are in Serious condition at CMC Charlotte, and 2 were treated and released at CMC University. It's reallly sad, especially on Easter weekend.

I went to the Oral Surgeon today for my post op. Everything is healing well. Y'ay.

I had my 'Favorite Things' post all thought out, but all the pictures are saved on my computer at work. Maybe I will post it late on Monday! Sorry!

Congrats to Taylor who has just announced she and hubby are expecting baby number 2!

I have an eye doctors appointment in the morning. I get to sleep in a little bit, don't have to emerge until 8 am to be there on time- don't worry I already took at Tylonel PM, I'm gonna sleep until 8 am.

I talked to Sean (Michael's Brother) on the way home tonight. I havne't talked to him in a while. It was nice- he is the more grounded one and he always has good things to say. He always makes me feel better. I also taked to Michael this evening. We haven't really got to see much of each other lately. I haven't seen him since Tuesday. It was a little after 5 and he said he just got home from work and was going to work on his truck. He wants to see me this weekend. Good- I hope. I've felt so shitty this week that I haven't wanted to see anyone- when I don't feel good I'm the exact opposite of most people. Most people want someone to take care of them and fix them Chicken Noodle Soup. I'm the exact opposite and Michael knows it- I want him no where near me when I don't feel good. I've always been that way.

Well- I'm heading to bed.

Hope everyone has an awesome Easter!
A

1 comment(s):

Oh yeah, I know how it is to plan a day and have it go the complete opposite!! The kids never let me have a day without unexpected surprises!! lol

Have a Happy Easter11

By Blogger Choppzs, at 10:47 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home