It's a brand new day!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wednesday Already!

WOW! This week is really flying by! I can't believe it's Wednesday already!

Monday and Tuesday were great days for me.

On Monday I didn't have to come into work until Noon which was really nice. I had stayed at my parents house on Sunday night since they were out of town, so I got up around 9 and did some dishes and played with the dogs before I had to leave for work. I got out of work at 4 and came home to do laundry and get my house in order since I wasn't home all weekend. I ended up getting all my laundry done. I went to dinner with Scott, Pam, Corey, Beth and Steve at Sagebrush steakhouse. It was yummy! After dinner me and Scott went back to Pam and Corey's and watched 'Deal or No Deal' and let the pups play. They are both getting so big. (I am going to have to take some new pictures)

Tuesday turned out even better then Monday. I came into work around 9 and left at 2:30. (I could do this everyday, but I car pool and driving my self is out of the question because gas is so expensive. I am 40hrs/week, but I get paid no matter what hours I work and I only have to work until the job is done). Anyway, I went home after work and read blogs and hung out for a bit, then headed to Pam and Corey's around 4. I rode with her to take the little boy she babysits home and then we rode by my parents house to pick up a book I had left in my Mom's car for my online class. On the way home, we saw one of our old friends Kelly- he is an extremely geougous guy we used to always hang out with. We talked to him for a few and headed home. As soon as I got back to Pam's I headed to Wal-Mart to get some groceries, then it was home to watch American Idol. I was in bed by 9 last night! Yeah!

This weekend we are throwing a 'suprise party' for Beth. She will be 20 tomorrow. I ordered her cake last night from Wal-Mart and I can't wait to bite into it. It's a marble cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. It had Mickey Mouse on it and it says 'Happy Birthday B-Liz!'. I wanted to use her nickname to make it a little more personal. I've invited Sean, Duncan, Pam, Corey, Scott, My Parents, Steve (of course!), Bex, Aaron, and 2 more of Beth's friends. I haven't heard back from he other 2 friends, and I had to leave a message for Sean and Duncan. I really don't care who comes, we aren't going to have an all out party- we're just gonna play cards, drink a little and eat cake. She will be happy either way! I have to set a reminder on my cell phone to call her tomorrow morning and sing her Happy Birthday at the top of my lungs! She'll love it!

Wanna know what I thought of Idol last night? It sucked!!!

Lisa- I thought she sang the Kelly Clarkson song good, but Paula was right- since it was such a hit she really should have made it her own.

Kellie- Of course I'm a fan since she is from the town I live in, but I wasn't crazy about her song choice. She sang the Star Spangled Banner at my high school graduation and it sounded much better. Sara Evans has a totally different voice then Kellie so it really didn't work.

Ace- I have acquired this new love for Ace. I loved the song and everything about the performance. He has really grown on me these last 2 weeks.

Katherine- I wasn't crazy about her performance, but she does have an awesome voice.

Taylor- I don't like the song 'Trouble', but I love Taylor! He has such a great personality and awesome energy when he's on stage!

Mandisa- I don't like her at all. It's just that she never vears from the soulful music she sings. She never takes a chance and last night was no exception.

Chris- If I had to pick an American Idol I would pick Chris- enough said.

Bucky- I loved his song choice and they way he performed it. The song seemed to really fit his personality.

Paris- Contrary to the judges Randy and Paula, I have to go with Simon and say it SUCKED!

Elliot- I love Gavin DeGraw and I really don't think Elliot sang that song very well, but he did give it a new spin. Go Elliot!

Ok, off my soapbox now!

Have a great Wednesday! I might play Way Back Wednesday later tonight!

Ashley

1 comment(s):

I have to say most everyone royally sucked this week. I'm not sure what the deal was but it was an utter disappointment. I'm not a huge Elliott fan but I thought he sung the best. Lisa's version of "Because of You" made me cringe. Terrible!

By Blogger Me , at 4:20 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home